Monday

[cooking] Chocolate Bundt Castle

I ordered some fun cooking things last week (my reward for making it through another week of 6 am to 6 pm work days)- a couple of which were new bundt pans. I used a chocolate pound cake recipe from King Arthur Flour (from their Baker's Companion Cookbook, not the chocolate bundt recipe they've posting online for the Year of the Bundt) and poured it into a Castle-shaped pan.

Chocolate castle cake with powdered sugar snow. Next time I'll make red velvet and it can be a Corps castle. #baking #yearofthebundt

The resulting dark Dutch double cocoa cake was so dark, it was hard to distinguish some of the features. And since it's still doing this here:

Winter 4eva

I decided a dusting of powdered sugar over it all would make a nice, snowy castle.

This cake is great. So dark, so chocolate-y. I reduced the recipe by 1/3 for fear of the cake rising and boiling over, but that didn't happen. I would happily make this recipe again and do the full ingredient amounts. The castle bundt worked perfectly. I sprayed with non-stick spray right before pouring in the batter. I baked at 325 for 45 - 50 min. Not the full suggested time because of the way the batter is distributed (thinner at the top of the turrets, thicker near the base), my nose had me worrying about burning.

No comments: