Tuesday

[crochet] Alter Ego Potholders

Still working on crochet-only this month. I finished a few double-thick potholders:

Three new double-thick hot pads and two little oval rugs. #crochet


Yarn: Bristol Yarn Gallery Somerset (cotton/silk), discontinued, 3 balls: purple, pink, green.

Hook: F (3.75mm)

Notes: The original pattern is for an afghan square. It starts with a circle, alternating colors for each half, and then you square it up. I followed the instructions for the round portion (and added an extra round) and made two circles- then I put them back to back and did a single crochet to bind them. Twice as thick, machine washable, bright and cheerful.

I didn't have enough leftovers for another potholder so I made quick little oval rugs. Which I started using right away:

Using the little crocheted rugs under vases.

These were all quick to make and I used nearly every last bit of three balls of Somerset that have been taking up space in my stash for years.

I am going to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival the first weekend in May and I'm so excited. I have a friend that lives in the DC Metro area now, so I have a place to stay and someone to come with. It should be flipping awesome. I went to Rhinebeck maaaany years ago and it was huge and overwhelming. I'm sure this will be the same but I've got to experience it once. I'll try to use up as much yarn as possible between now and then... to justify all the yarn and fiber I will inevitably end up buying there.

If you're local, the 5 Colleges Book Sale is this weekend at the Lebanon High School. Will probably go Saturday morning and get into line. I'll be looking for craft books and maybe some gardening reference books.

No comments: